Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oh, yeah...It's another Calendar!

I finally finished this fun little idea I wanted to try: A Birthday Countdown Calendar. Funny story...I bought the wrong little boxes for the Halloween Advent Calendar when my sister so sweetly requested 2 calendars to make. And of course I lost the receipt and couldn't return the box favors, so I needed to figure out how to use 100 rectangle boxes. I came up with another type of advent calendar...a birthday countdown. What kid doesn't absolutely LOVE celebrating their birthday? And now they can have an itty-bitty giftie each day for a week (6 days) before their birthday.
As I was making this I wasn't sure it was going to turn out as nice as the Halloween advent, but I think it looks pretty darn good. I made this for my favorite October 26th boy and hope he enjoys counting down the days before his birthday.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think. And let me know if you're interested in buying a Birthday Countdown Calendar kit. I'm playing around with the idea of making this into a kit available as early as October 25th.

Thanks for looking, hope your week is a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Great Job! I think it would be fun for special adult friends, spouses and sisters as well! Anyone would love to get little special presents. Very very creative! I will watch your blog for the 'for sale' information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an awesome present and your favorite 26th birthday boy loved it and showed it to everyone who came through his bedroom door. What a special way to celebrate an upcoming birthday! Thank you so much you massivly talented and crafty gal, you!

    ReplyDelete