Monday, September 6, 2010

Last-minute teacher gifts

What a great summer we've had! Lots of sunshine, but not too hot and lots of good fun with my 3 boys. I had thought I'd have some time to craft while the little one napped, but that plan flew out the window and I spent most nap times cleaning in-between homework and acting the referee.
We also received our class assignments a bit late this year, so I made a non-gender specific gift of pencils in a homemade paper box.

It was looking fairly plain and I thought I'd have to scrap (ha-ha) the entire project, but then I remembered I had this cute owl punch from Stampin' up to use, and it turned out stinkin' cute, IMHO. I replaced the paper eyes with googlie eyes. the tag reads: "Hope your first day is a Hoot!"

I can't wait for tomorrow...first day for my 4th grader, 1st grader and preschooler. And I get 2.5 hours of alone time. What ever am I going to do with myself??

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!
    I found you on Trendy Treehouse Blog Hop- hoping that you will return the favor and come follow me too.
    www.homespunloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I found you on Trendy Treehouse Blog Hop. Am hoping that you will come and follow me too.
    www.homespunloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, we are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    New follower from New Friend Fridays. I am a teacher and I appreciate the cute gifts that my kids give me at the beginning of the year. I received a teddy bear once that said, "If you give me an A from now, I promise to be good." LOL

    Great blog you have here. Hope you'll come by for a visit.

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pencil boxes are so cute! I think your teachers are very lucky. Love the blog. I'm hoping to write in mine one day, but I get to busy reading others. Thanks for the creativity boosts. Tomorrow I need to harvest potatoes.

    ReplyDelete