Thursday, August 25, 2011

4 cards...2 designs

PLEASE NOTE: For some reason, people are having a hard time leaving comments...I'm not sure why, but a very brief troubleshooting session with my husband left us with no problems with Firefox but not able using Internet Explorer. Not sure if this is a Blogger problem...which seems more likely since comments can be left via Firefox. Hope to fix this soon!

A good friend is celebrating her birthday tomorrow, so I made a card for her.

 And I liked it so much I made another! I used Basic Grey paper called "Indian Summer".
 
"Indian Summer"
By the way, Basic Grey just created a blog, and they have a talent call (if you're interested.)

Then...I watched the Portlandia clip: "Put a Bird On It"
...and was inspired to go forth and do so.
I'm not as satisfied with the bird card as I am  with the Basic Grey card, but that might be due to my low expectation of the BG card and the vision in my head not coming out quite as well as I wanted.
The "hello-birdie" has the bird raised up with foam. The "celebrate-birdie" is flat. I scored the heavy linen paper with my Martha Stewart scoring thing. I like that the lines are spaced 1/8 " apart, but the grooves are so deep I have pressed throguh my paper on several occasions. It's good to have both (more toys!)

12 days until school starts!  Not that I'm counting.

3 comments:

  1. absolutely love the cards. Hope you are bringing us a great indian summer. Oregon does that so well. the bird card is very elegant. love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific cards! I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete