Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Summer Cards...now with Flip-flops!

We are almost at the half-way point of summer break. Of course, here in Oregon our summer lasts through the first few weeks of October before those dreaded rains and gray skies move in (for 6 months!!)

Today my boys finally realized that when I say "I've got a class" or "I'm working" that I mean for my company. My middle guy actually thought that I was attending card classes, not teaching them. Hah! Now they want to design cards for people to make. I think maybe we'll give that a shot for their friends! And maybe I'll get a chance to post their creations, too.

On to the last of my summer cards. I'll be taking a break and vacationing with family, cleaning out old papers and making a stack of donatable craft items (here's where I donate.) And of course, designing fall and winter classes, too. Here's what I made this weekend:
This 3" x 6" card has an embossed label that reads "Summer Fun"
This card is a little bohemian in style and has a 3-D paper ribbon and gemstones


This card is just too cute with little flip-flops on the front with retro paper and a layered flower.
Do you remember when we used to call "flip-flops" thongs? It took a while to get into the hang of calling them flip-flops....many embarrassing moments ;)

I am having a lovely summer...how about you?

8 comments:

  1. These are SO adorable:)

    LOVE
    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fun in the Sun Card and the flip flops are adorable. I wish I were as talented as you in the cardmaking deprartment. But, I am just learning. I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I did something fun with paper today on my blog! Come by and check it out. I am your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. squeeee! those flip flops are so cute! Stopping by from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm your newest follower! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from New Friend Friday! Love your blog!

    Alicia
    www.kramercottageschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love THE CARDS! You are so talented!
    We are having a great summer!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and adorable! I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I love new friends and hope to see you there!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete